Are you interested in making your own leather handbag ?
Or did you acquired already some basics, have knowledge in leather working
or if you simply finished one of our two first leather courses ?
You will now learn how to make a handbag and return home with your very own piece based on our “Le Lara” handbag.
This leather course will be given on two days,
on dates agreed together after your reservation.
Based on our small “Le Lara” handbag In a very small team of 2 or 3 persons, you’ll learn all the different operations to produce your very own bag.
– Take a good look to the existing LARA bag and try to draw the patterns
– We’ll take a look to all the drawings to verify the good and bad things
– While you learned how to make the patterns in our initiation course, we will now make the right pattern for the Le LARA bag
– Make the cardboard totally yours by drawing and cutting out your design
– After creating the cardboard template we will cut our leather
– Analyse the next steps to do and prepare the leather for the next assembling phases
– Stitch some parts of the bag and prepare the parts for next day
– Analyse the phases still to do
– Take the accessories and buttons you need to finish the assembling of the bag
– Stitch the bag with help of the artisan*
– Make the handles of the bag with care
– Explanation of the tools you will use for the finishing touches
– Apply the double filet on the leather
– Use the right iron to make the finishing touch
– Apply edge painting patiently, three to four times
– Between each edge painting use a fine sandpaper to equalise the leather smoothly
* Our artisan will stitch the leather by machine so you can focus on the most important phases
In a two days course, you’ll own your personal handbag made by the new leather crafter on the block: you!
The price for this course is 380 euros. (viennoisery and drinks included).
The price also includes all materials, hardware and use of tools.
Don’t wait too long to secure your ticket, because the number of guests for an exclusive handbag course is limited to 3 people!
(The courses are given in both French and Dutch (or English) and a minimum of 2 participants is required.)
Address : NIYONA – Rue de Laeken 86 Lakensestraat – 1000 Brussels.
Feel free to contact us for personalized courses and masterclasses for your company, friends, family or would like to know more about our courses.
firstname.lastname@example.org – +32 2 219 20 74 or via our contact form.