jean & fanny / Maison Vervloet
“Jean & Fanny is a set of petanque balls designed by Jean-François D’Or, with a black leather case, co-designed and produced by NIYONA, for Maison Vervloet objects collection.
Practicing petanque discipline is a complex and specific set of corporal contortions generating a graceful choreography.In a game of petanque, the problem is the ball.
Petanque is 20 percent of technique and mechanism, the other 80 percent are philosophy, tragedy, romance and melodrama.
A black leather case envelops the 3 balls and the cochonnet. A lace allows to hold the case and, once opened, to mesure distance between balls. Balls are built in black carbon steel with a matt black aspect. This set is homologated for petanque competition. A hand polished brass insert got the Maison Vervloet seal stamp, this jewel detail allows to recognized balls with specific different colored material dots. Artworks you can touch. Over and over again.”
Balls | Black carbon steel | Homologated for petanque competition.
Cochonnet jack ball | Hand polished brass.
Leather case | Black leather, handmade by NIYONA.
Balls | D 74 mm, 700 gr, homologated for petanque competition.
Cochonnet jack ball | D 30 mm.
Leather case | 235 x 80 x 80 mm.
Jean-François D’Or / LOUDORDESIGN studio.
Leather case co-designed and produced by NIYONA.
Vervloet | Distributed by Vervloet.
Pictures © Stéphanie Derouaux.
Illustration © Caterine Pellin.
Text © Jean-François D’Or.
- Client: Maison Vervloet
- Type: Collaborations